Of all of the guys in our crew, I think it’s pretty easy to say that Brandon is the one that knows the rules best. He spends a lot of time reading the rules and watching online games, etc. and even judges tournaments now and again. The thing is, his free time has been pretty well eaten up as of late, so he doesn’t show up as regularly as he once did. As a result, while he may really know the rules, he doesn’t play much. In fact, I think he’s only gotten about three games in so far.
Well, despite a great turnout at our regular game night, he and I peeled off and played a game of 40k to get him his fix. He was working on a reduced timeline, so we opted to play a 50 power game instead of our normal 80 power level, in the hopes that it would speed things up…
- Captain w/ Thunder Hammer, Plasma Pistol, & Armor Indomitable
- Lieutenant w/ Lightning Claw & Master Crafted Boltgun
- 5x Sterngard w/ various combi-weapons
- Dreadnought w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon
- 10x Tactical Marines w/ Meltagun, Combimelta, & Multi-melta
- 5x Tactical Marines w/ Flamer & Combi-melta
- 5x Scouts w/ combi-melta
- Rhino w/ Stormbolter
Brandon plays Salamanders, which means that he’s a cheating power gamer. Well, in the previous edition, he played salamanders, but now that they get to re-roll failed hits and wounds for each squad, I’m going to just label him a cheater.