Getting back on the horse as far as 40k goes has been a slow process, but it’s still going. This week, Simon, of all people, showed up to game night and we threw down for a game of 40k.
- Cato Sicarius (warlord)
- Sergeant Telion
- 5x Assault Terminators w/ Lightning Claws
- Venerable Dreadnought w/ Twin-Lascannon & Missile Launcher
- 3x Centurion Assault Marines w/ Hurricane Bolters & Flamers
- 10x Tactical Marines w/ Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun, & Power Weapon
- 10x Tactical Marines w/ Heavy Bolter, Flamer, & Powerfist
- 10x Scouts w/ Camo Cloaks, 4x Sniper Rifles, Missile Launcher, 4x CCW/Pistol, & Powerfist
- Fast Attack:
- 1x Storm Talon w/ Assault Cannons & Typhoon Missile Launcher
I originally started by pulling out the Tyranid codex, but realized that I have to play alot of marine games to catch up to the number of bug games I’ve played this year. I didn’t know what to play though, so I just started taking advice around the room of what to include. I started with Cato because I don’t know when the last time he saw the table was, and then Telion because he was a cheap second HQ option. With Telion, I needed a squad of scouts, and everything else was added based upon the suggestions of those around me.
They were intentionally choosing less than ideal option, but I was ok with it. Simon and I have played a bunch and the win/loss ratio is a tad lopsided, so having a slight handicap would make things more fair. Continue reading