With the Knights effectively done at this point, I was dismayed to recall that they were going to have to have their arms/weapons painted before I played in the Apoc game.
For those taking notes, that game happened back in June, and I still haven’t done a proper write-up on it. That may, as of yet, be forthcoming–but I wouldn’t hold my breath at this point.
I seriously contemplated just painting the gun/arm options for those that I was planning to field in the Apocalypse game, but I didn’t know what I was going to field. Despite all of the time and effort I’d put into these guys, my heart was really interested in playing with my Genestealer Cult before the codex became obsolete in 8th edition.
Ultimately, the Knights won out because I had put all of my time into painting them, and I never even bothered to start on my cultist characters.
The scheme was easy, as it just followed what the rest of the models did, leaning heavily on the metallic components underneath. I backed off on caution stripes and other free hand based upon my exhaustion with the project. Still, I didn’t want it to look like I phoned things in completely, so I added a little bit here and there. Otherwise, things mostly stayed solid colors.
And this basically concludes my painting posts on my Knight titans. Granted, the series will have a few more posts, but at least no more on painting/works in progress!