When I last left off with my Tyrannocytes, I was ready to call them finished (as far as modelling goes) and proceed to painting.
Since they’re a dipped army, I don’t take as much care with them as I probably should. Granted, I still go over them and clean off mold lines, drill out barrels, and even take the time to fill in occasional cracks. I just don’t worry about getting everything done perfectly because they’re just going to be dipped anyway. Well, as I sat at the table looking at these guys, I realized that the dip is going to really wreak havoc on the seams for these guys.
Whoever put these together did a fair job of it, as nothing is woefully out of place; however, there are some joints that leave room for improvement. Many of them are pretty innocuous, but there are others where the seem is big enough to slide a sculpting tool into. Though I didn’t want to be bothered filling in these gaps, I realized that it’s the right thing to do.
Since they’re organic in nature, I felt that I didn’t have to worry about getting everything to be perfectly smooth. Little imperfections seem to work out well with the general feel of the models. With that in mind, the work went quickly.
And that’s a good thing because screaming children running around the house don’t tend to leave enough hobby time for longer projects these days.
It’s nice to get back into the hobby aspect of the game, as I feel that I’ve been out of touch for a while. I think the last real hobby progress I made was back in May when I was working on my Knight Titans (whose write-up is still, as of yet, unfinished).
With any luck, I’ll be able to revisit that topic again soon on the blog as well, but for now, I’ll leave you with a picture of the “finished” pods…