Just last week, I wound up posting a WIP post and here it is just two days later and I’m finished. In part, I owe the insane progress to the magic of the Internet: You see, I actually painted these sometime last month, and I’m only now getting around to blogging about it.
In all actuality, these did paint really fast, and it’s plausible that I could’ve finished them in just a couple of days. Matter of factly, I wound up taking the Monstrous creatures and spores and finishing them all in a day, and then I lollygagged instead of painting the arms and they wound up taking me a few evenings (and in one peculiar case, I painted some in the morning before work).
So, I figured that, in the interest of having something to post on my blog, I’d wind up putting pictures of these “finished” (but pre-dipped) models up for posterity reasons. This is because I tried to show someone recently how magical dipping was, and I had a hard time coming up with clear before/after photos. Hopefully this helps in the future.
In total, painted up six Carnies, all with magnetized arms and squad markings. I wound up putting them in a couple of different poses to give an idea of the overall feel of the various weapons. After painting them, I wound up throwing a coat of sealant on them because I’m not sure how long it will be until I break down and dip them (depends almost entirely on my stupidity level and whether I purchase more bugs before that point).
So, I’m going to put the Carnifex photos here, and push the Dima & spores into another post all to themselves. Look for that in the relatively near future…