I’m anxious to try some of the new models from the Tyranid codex, but trying to hold off until they’re completely painted (to include dipping). So, this is some of the progress I’ve made in that area.
Granted, they’re certainly not dipped, but they’re at least completely painted. I’m not looking for fantastic paint jobs, but rather a relatively clean base-coat, and then I’ll let the stain take care of the shading for me (except for the reds, for some reason, I still paint those with shading. The reason being that I did for the first few, and I want these to look consistent with the rest of the army).
There really isn’t all that much to update since my original modeling post, other than to say that they’re painted the “harpies” are too, but I’ll save them for another post).
The only thing I noticed when painting is that I don’t particularly care for the yellow squad markings anymore. They look too much like the new color I’m using in lieu of Bleached Bone. Oh well, I’m not going to go back and update it (mostly because I ran out of tentacle pink).
Anywho, feel free to click on the pictures to see larger images. Sorry for the lighting–I took these at the end of the day in natural sunlight, but it was hard to get them to all be within the beam that shone through the window (it’s still far too cold to do this sort of thing outside).
Feel free to click on any of the thumbnails to see the larger images.