I don’t like Chronus’ head.
There, I said it. And I don’t care who hears me. The head he comes with looks just far too orky to be a space marine’s helmet. It would look great in a game of WHFB on a black ork commander, but it just doesn’t work for a a techmarine. So, I decided to make my own out of spare bitz (and a little Chronus as well).
He’s certainly built around the standard core, with some arm swaps and a head swap. That’s the easy way to say it, but there are more parts in it than it appears:
- Chronus (body & backpack)
- Assault Marine (left arm)
- Current Techmarine (right arm, bolter removed)
- 2nd Edition Techmarine (power axe)
- 2nd Edition Ultramarine Shoulderpad w/ Laurel
- Dark Angel Upgrade Sprue (head)
- Devastator Sprue (servo-skull)
At first I debated whether I wanted to fill in the logo that covers the mouth, as it’s a Dark Angels symbol, but ultimately decided it looked enough like an aquilla to leave it alone. Sure, it’s not a complex conversion, or a particularly spectacular one, but I’m happy with ’em.
Of course, I magnetized the power weapon because… well, just because. I love magnets, you know. 🙂