As of yesterday, we’re half way into the year, and it’s time to go back and look at my goals to see how they’re progressing. At the start of the year, I created a New Years resolution post to set some hobby goals, which were:
- Achieve 130 painting points (228 points so far!)
- Army specific Objectives
- Base my entire Tyranid Swarm (waiting to finish painting them all)
- Sell off my Eldar force (non-Exodite)
- Sell off spare models I’ve collected that I have no intention of ever using (Terminators, Spare Chaos)
- Coordinate three Apocalypse games (including the recently passed Arctic Apocalypse 2010) (2/3 down, one to go!)
- Avoid starting any new armies. Or, if I start a new army, do not use any new money to fund that army–using only what I’ve earned from above) (none so far)
- Blog related Objectives:
- Create 100 blog posts for the year. (104 so far!)
- Inspire at least one of my friends to start a blog (or start posting on my blog)
- Get mentioned in the “Tuesday Top Ten” post on FTW at least three times (1/3 so far)
- Get linked to by more fellow bloggers–perhaps by holding contests?
- Create army specific pages for each of my established forces displaying the content of each.
- Avoid starting any MMO’s (they’re the devil) (good so far)
All in all, I’ve set 12 objectives for the year, five of which I’ve already completed. Two more aren’t things that actually require action (rather, a lack of action on my part), and of the other five, three are already in progress. I’m definitely on track to complete them before the end of the year.
Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about my professional goals. I keep procrastinating on those, seeing as they’re considerably less fun than my hobby goals; however, since I’m doing so well on these, I should spend a couple of months focusing on those instead. Hopefully I can whip up the nerve to do just that.
Wish me luck!
“Skinny Dick’s” logo owned by the inn by the same name.