Last month, I put a teaser up in a post about a new model I’d received: a Forgeworld Hierophant. Dweomer, from Maunderings of a 40k Gamer, hit the nail on the head, but immediately after he figured out what it was, he second guessed himself into another train of thought (and a very cool one that I might wind up pursuing one day, at that).
So, with the upcoming Arctic Apocalypse looming, I figured I’d see if I can’t field an entirely painted force. Since the Codex isn’t out yet, and I don’t know how effective (or expensive) my nid models will be, I figured I’d start painting up a sure thing.
The model was a bit banged up and was basecoated green when I got it (hence the bits of green peaking through the primer job), but I couldn’t pass up the price. With a little green stuff, a carnifex tongue, and some crudely fashioned paper-clip pins, I’d pieced the model together again last night. This morning, I primed it black and, much to my chagrin, found that my airbrush is somehow missing a tube–so I couldn’t spray his armor bleached bone. Luckily, I managed to breathe some life into one of the classic Ultramarine Blue spray primers in my workbench, so he’s not straight black. I also ordered a couple of replacement tubes off eBay for a couple of bucks. So, with any luck, they’ll come before the end of the week and I can get started on this behemoth.
So, this will be the core of my upcoming Apoc force. I suspect I’ll be fielding a bunch of rippers, gaunts, and other basic stuff to fill up the rest of my points after this. I really don’t have many big bugs assembled, so I’ll just have to rely on the might of numbers (or my allies) for taking out big stuff.
Oooh, it’s gonna be fun.